Tuesday, July 15, 2008

submerged leader

It is quite possible that I will never leave my library system (or even apply for a promotion)because I absolutely loathe updating my resume and writing cover letters, personal statements, or any other response to a career-y prompt.

That said, I finally finished my application for ALA Emerging Leaders, a program designed for librarians under 35 or those with less than five years experience. I'd like to land the gig because I don't have any side projects on the horizon, but I can continue to apply the next three years.

I'm about to visit Austin for the bazillionth time in the past seven years and Susan promises we will do the two things I have never done: see the bats and visit one of the libraries. She also claims she is going to take me to the some place called "Hobby Lobby," which I'll probably post about on Squid vs Squirrel, a craft blog I do with my friend Milwaukee Megan. There will also be the usual assortment of biking, swimming, breakfast tacos and cheap beer.

No comments: