4. Enter 12 races: Cherry Tree 10 Miler, NYC Half, Colon Cancer Challenge 15K, More Half, Brooklyn Half, Portugal Day (5 Miles), ALA Think Fit 5K Fun Run, MLB All-Star 5K, Queens 10K, Grete's Great Gallop, Staten Island Half, and the best of all: PPTC Turkey Trot (5 Miles)!
5. Volunteer at races: See previous post.
6. Join a running club: Prospect Park Track Club.
7. Buy new running shoes: I bought TWO pairs.
Health, Wellness, and General Good
10. Eat more vegetables.
11. Drink more water.
12. Take lunch (at least 30 minutes) and break every day.
13. Be vegan for a month: This really deserves its own post, but I fell in love with the cookbook Isa Does It and I am committed to eating more vegan things and reviving vegan-for-a-month annually.
Organization and Finances
18. Purchase file cabinets: I selected a more economical model and I spent three days of my March vacation filing and organizing everything I own. I am pleased to report that if I am hit by a bus, my parents will be able to sift through my papers and possessions with ease. You're welcome, family.
20. Update resume: My lovely employer listed several positions recently. This inspired me to update my resume. I also produced a document of accomplishments and activities for my annual review that takes place in February.
24. Have fun with the Polite Society Adventure Club: This started strong and tapered off once Megan, Kelly, and I realized we were usually the only attendees of the events we planned. That said, I had tons of fun Bike the Branches, playing Twin Peaks Bingo at Videology, and visiting the New Museum for NYC 1993: Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star.
26. Celebrate as many birthdays as possible.
Exploration and Learning
28. Take Knife Skills class at Brooklyn Kitchen on 4/30: I might have forgotten all I learned. That's what handouts and YouTube are for, right?
35. Travel somewhere that requires a passport and is not related to a library conference: Montreal! I loved everything about my visit except maybe the excruciatingly long return train trip. Pro tip: If you're crossing a border, bring your damn passport.
37. Say "Yes!": Seeing Aimee Mann and Ted Leo ("The Both") at the Bell House with Jeff on 9/11.